Metrocraft: Create & Learn In A Virtual World
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Metrocraft: Create & Learn In a Virtual World
In this problem-solving class, students design their own house and business within a virtual city as they learn about budgeting, profit and loss, supply and demand and consumer markets. As they serve on a city council they must problem-solve, study how laws are made and work together to create their own constitution; Additionally they will also need to respond to natural disasters and address other challenging city issues.
Students will learn economics and civics as they work together to create a city within a virtual Minecraft type world. While certainly a fun game, Minecraft is also a limitless platform for students to learn academic skills in a highly engaging virtual environment. STEM learning has never been so fun!
IMPORTANT PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This class will take place online and will use two programs, Zoom and Minetest.
- Zoom is an online classroom that is very easy to use.
- Right Brain Curriculum will be hosting and teaching the class and they will send a Zoom ID number with a code to join the meetings.
- They will use a public domain version of Minecraft called Minetest.
- Right Brain Curriculum will also send out detailed instructions and links to a tutorial on how to download and install the program.
- A PC or Mac laptop is needed for Minetest, Chromebooks and tablets are generally not compatible.